Tuesday, December 20, 2011

let the holidays begin!






























What we've been up to...

  • Caedon & Danny both got some much-needed haircuts. Danny finally talked me into cutting his hair. When we lived in Ohio he would have our sister-in-law Nelli cut it. I was always too nervous to try--I had never done it before, and what if I messed it up?! Anyway, I cut his hair (nothing fancy, basically he just wanted it short like Caedon's) and it turned out okay!
  • Alayna loves our Christmas tree. Or, more accurately, she loves the ornaments on it. Those cinnamon ornaments we made? Yeah, she ate half of one. At least it's made out of food! She has also broken one of Caedon's ornaments by knocking it on the ground. It was a dinosaur one and she kept saying "Rrrrrrroar" and just had to grab it. Oh well. 
  • My mom sent me the coolest birthday box yesterday! Along with lots of little gifts, she sent brownies (my favorite!) with "Happy Birthday" on them. So fun and yummy!
  • Our truck in Montana is finally fixed! Hurray! We will be picking it up this week. We are leaving for Montana in a few days to spend Christmas with Danny's family. Looking forward to it!
  • This morning we opened gifts here. Both the kids love their presents (and so do Danny and I!) and it was a fun morning. 






Alayna has a thing for toothbrushes. She loves them!



Fireman Caedon! He wants to be a fireman when he grows up.

There are still some presents and some special Christmas Eve pajamas that we saving for Christmas Day. Tomorrow is my birthday (turning 26!) and the day after we leave for Montana. We have a busy, joyous week ahead.

I will post again after getting back from Montana next week. Until then...

Have a wonderful holiday weekend!

3 comments:

Dawn said... Best Blogger Tips

I hope you have a fabulous Birthday!!! We'll miss you on Christmas Eve, but I hope you have lotsa fun with Danny's Fam :) Merry Christmas <3

Lois said... Best Blogger Tips

Looks like you had an awesome day. Alayna & Caedon look like they are growing so much. They are so precious. Can't wait to see them. (25 days... I'm counting.. so excited!) We will all miss you this Christmas. Have a great time in Montana. Happy Birthday and have a Merry Christmas. I LOVE and MISS all of you. ♥ Momma ♥

Nelli said... Best Blogger Tips

Great job on the haircuts! Caedon looks so big! And Alayna looks more and more like you. I wish we were going to Montana for Christmas to see you. Love you guys!

Post a Comment

 

the adventurous life Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger